Marriage in Sweden
Since 2009 Sweden has a sex neutral relationship legislation, whichsuggests that same sex married couples may receive married under the same conditions as opposite sex pairs. As a foreign resident without residency in Sweden you can, sometimes, also obtain married in Sweden.
Requirements as well as procedures when getting married
You put on’ t must live( have post degree residency) in Sweden or have aswedish womencitizenship to obtain wed in Sweden. If neither of the 2 possess Swedishcitizenship or post degree residency in Sweden, they require possess post degree residency (or even one possess citizenship and also the various other one have post degree residency) in a country where very same sexual activity relationship or even marital relationship is actually legal.
Inquiry into obstacles to relationship
Before a pair can get married to, the SwedishTax Obligation Agency (Skatteverket) must administer a concern into impediments of marriage (hindersprövning). The couple has to file a composed demand to the SwedishIncome Tax Organization. Application, however simply in Swedish, can be found at the Firm’ s web site.
According to Swedishregulation, the complying withare thought about impediments to marriage:
- being under the grow older of 18 (the Region Administrative Board (Länsstyrelsen) can provide an exception coming from this regulation)
- being married or even registered as companion to a person apart from the one you are about to wed
- being closely related to the individual you’ re heading to marry; a linear straight ascendant or spin-off or even a total brother or sister. Adopted brother or sisters are taken into consideration complete siblings due to the legislation, but can receive approval to get married to coming from the Area Administrative Board, to get married to.
When the SwedishTax obligation Agency has created the query you receive a certificate showing that the concern is finished as well as, if all goes well, a relationship certification. The certification stands for four months from the time of accreditation. The certificates are actually to become provided to the official performing the wedding.
Foreigners certainly not living in Sweden
If the bride and groom are actually foreigners certainly not residing in Sweden, they may simply obtain married if eachof them possess a legal right to wed or even sign up a relationship depending on to the law of the condition were they possess post degree residency or even citizenship. It’ s sufficient if bothof all of them have post degree residency, or among them has citizenship and the various other one has post degree residency, in a nation were the bride and groom possess a lawful right to marry or even enroll a relationship.
If among the them is a swedish brides citizen or possess residency in Sweden, they might wed in Sweden regardless of whether the some others husband or wife possesses residency or even citizenship in a nation were it’ s illegal for same-sex married couples to receive married/register a collaboration.
The person without a formal hookup to Sweden must (in connection withthe submitting of the composed request for a concern right into impediments of marriage) create a personal browse throughto an Income tax Company office to offer info concerning birthplace, native land, citizenship, sex, marriage status and, if needed to have, send a record of separation or a deathcertification of a previous companion.
In instances where none of the prospective spouses possess a formal hookup, eachof them must provide either:
- a marriage certificate issued througha skilled authorization in their condition of citizenship or even residency, or even
- a certification presenting the suitable regulations of legislation in eachof their states of citizenship or residency and also a certificate showing their marriage status. The certifications are just valid when provided througha qualified authorization in the condition to whichthey relate, or even througha proficient home authorization in Sweden (including a consular office or even various other equal authority).
None of the certificates may be actually mucholder than four months.